The following are the handouts for number theory lectures:
- Unique Properties of Integers: (Meeting on 10/4/16) Very useful for AMC 8 Logic Problems and problems testing a students’ mastery of number theory concepts (especially word problems involving integers)
- Bases_Numbers: Only useful for those who don’t understand how different number base systems work (base 10, base 2, hexadecimal, etc.)
- Intro_to_mods: (Meeting on 11/17/15) Introductory handout for those who do not have a firm grasp on mods, reviews basic rules and goes over important concepts.
- Divisibility: (Meeting on 8/10/2016) Highly focused on AMC 8 Problems and using techniques to solve problems related to divisibility
- Prime_Factorization: (Meeting on 1/12/2015) Once again a very important technique for AMC 8 that focuses on the importance of prime numbers.
- Algebra/NT: (Meeting from 11/8/16) that was from the AMC 8 Review Session #2 with general algebra and number theory problems meant for contest practice
- Modular_Equations (Meeting from 2/7/17) that focuses on extending solving linear equations to solving equations under modular relations
- Divisibility_2: (Meeting from 3/14/17) that goes more in-depth about divisibility relations introducing the importance of prime numbers through theorems such as Fermat’s Little Theorem.
- Foundations_of_NT: (Meeting from 9/20/17) that starts the new school year with the 3 most important number theoretical functions at the introductory level.